Friday, October 31, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Apple
- Saved by Technology at 10 Breadalbane Street.
apple, clouds, corner stores, macintosh, saved by technology, signs, sky, toronto Thursday, October 30, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> How Much are those Ducts in the Window
- A storefront on Dundas Street West, near Dufferin.
ducts, galvanized steel, steel, store fronts, store windows, toronto, windows Wednesday, October 29, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Discount Adult Video
- A 24 hour adult video store and cinema on Yonge Street at night. I think that the pedestrian walked on by.
adult video, cinemas, lights, night, signs, storefronts, stores, toronto, window displays, xxx Tuesday, October 28, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> So Much Depends Upon
A Red Wheelbarrow
- The continuing demolition of Tower Automotive on Sterling Road.
demolition, toronto, tower automotive, wheelbarrows Monday, October 27, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Tower Automotive Windows #3
Tower Automotive Windows #2
- Two window shots from Tower Automotive.
demolition, glass, grids, toronto, tower automotive, windows Sunday, October 26, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Automotive
- Tower Automotive on Sterling Road. demolition is in process, with asbestos warnings posted.
brick walls, bricks, letters, signs, toronto, tower automotive, urban decay, walls Saturday, October 25, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Chocolate
- At the Nestle factory on Sterling Road, Toronto.
hydro lines, nestle, signs, sterling avenue, stripes, toronto Friday, October 24, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Peeling Paint
- An old door on Croft Street.
Croft Street, doors, paint, peeling paint Thursday, October 23, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> La Clôture
- A new condo development destroyed Roy's Square in Toronto, home to some interesting restaurants and shops. The condo craze keeps going, I guess.
chain link, fences, toronto, wire Wednesday, October 22, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Here Comes the Train Again
- An early Go train, shot from the Wallace Street pedestrian bridge.
GO Transit, railborne vehicles, railroads, railway tracks, railways, toronto, trains Tuesday, October 21, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Jesus of Québec
- Shot outside the Eglise Saint-Jean-Baptiste Church at 410 rue Saint Jean, Québec City.
jesus christ, quebec, quebec city, statues, ville de quebec Monday, October 20, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Nuit Blanche on Church Street
- Part of
, on Church Street during Nuit Blanche.
2008, Church Street, ethereal forest, Nuit Blanche, toronto Sunday, October 19, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Sign Removal #1
Sign removal #2
- The dismantling of the sign at Sam the Record Man, continued.
neon, red, Sam the Record Man, Sam's, signs, toronto Friday, October 17, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Art Gallery of Ontario
- Some advertising in front of the AGO, under renovations.
advertising, ago, art gallery of ontario, frank gehry, signs, toronto Thursday, October 16, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Watering Cans
- On Rue du Petit Champlain, in Vieux Québec.
clouds, quebec, quebec city, sky, ville de quebec, watering cans Wednesday, October 15, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Sur le bord de la rivière st-Charles
- Shot during a walk after the day's IFLA events had ended, in Quebec City.
clouds, quebec, quebec city, rivers, sky, st-charles, ville de quebec Tuesday, October 14, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Ladder to the Sky
- Someone left what looks to be an old bicycle basket on one of these rungs. I wonder why.
clouds, hydro lines, hydro poles, rungs, sky, toronto, utility poles, vapour trails Monday, October 13, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Waterfall
- Katharine Harvey's quilted waterfall of shredded plastic water bottles at OPG (700 University Avenue) during Nuit Blanche.
Katharine Harvey, Nuit Blanche, plastic bottles, toronto, water bottles, waterfall Sunday, October 12, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Getting the Shot
- A photographer shooting the Sam's sign for the last time in its current location duing Nuit Blanche.
2008, Nuit Blanche, photographers, toronto, Yonge Street Saturday, October 11, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> I am the Way
- @ Yonge & Dundas, it seems that there is always someone trying to impose or impress something on you.
Dundas Street, jesus christ, religion, signs, toronto, Yonge and Dundas, Yonge Street Friday, October 10, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Black Angel
- For a brief moment, from a distance, I thought she was real. Someone beside me thought the same thing. Shot in Koma Designs on Queen Street.
dummies, Koma, mannequins, Nuit Blanche, toronto Thursday, October 09, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Bound (Bondage #8)
- There will be more images of this interesting art installation on my
. Have a look there, if you are interested.
2008, bondage, Nuit Blanche, toronto Wednesday, October 08, 2008
<< | home | >> <<
>> Zombies in Condoland
- Everytime I turn around, there are zombies in Toronto. This is part of Jillian McDonald's Nuit Blanche installation.
2008, College Park, Jillian McDonald, Nuit Blanche, toronto, zombies Tuesday, October 07, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> For the Last Time
- Ryerson flipped the switch on the Sam's Signs for the last time on Saturday night for Nuit Blanche. I am not sure what the plans are, but the sign will be preserved somehow. There was quite a crowd gathered around to see it.
2008, neon, night, Nuit Blanche, Sam the Record Man, Sam's, signs Monday, October 06, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> The Thistle Project #2
- Matthew Romantini's Thistle Project using Butoh, a Japanese dance form during Nuit Blanche. Unfortunately, I began to feel awful around midnight (turns out that a bad cold was coming on), so I had to go home earlier than I wanted to.
2008, butoh, dacing, dancers, Matthew Romantini, Nuit Blanche, parkdale, toronto Sunday, October 05, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> mp40ph-3c
- A speeding GO train, shot from the Wallace Street Bridge.
GO Transit, railborne vehicles, railings, railroads, railway tracks, railways, toronto, trains Saturday, October 04, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> The Laundry
- Through a window, on Dundas Street. This brings back unpleasant memories of wasted precious weekend time in various laundromats during my university days.
laundromats, laundry, laundry mats, toronto, washers, washing machines Friday, October 03, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Attached and Subdivided
- I really hate developments like this. I guess there's a subtle reference to Rush in the title, although that song is about suburbs rather than infill on reclaimed industrial lands. If you don't know what I am talking about, have a look at the
garage doors, garages, lanes, toronto Thursday, October 02, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> The Black Door
- A black back door in a laneway off Yonge Street. For some reason, I liked the colours and textures here.
black, blue, brick, brick walls, doors, toronto Wednesday, October 01, 2008
<< | home | >> << | home | >> Chateau Frontenac
- A portion of this huge hotel in Québec City. No, I did not stay there.
chateau frontenac, fairmont hotels, hotels, legacy hotels, quebec, quebec city, ville de quebec Archives
All images ©
Brian Cameron. Reproduction in whole or in part - including electronic reproduction - without the permission of the photographer is prohibited. More about me | Facebook | Saturation @ Flckr | Blogroll Me! | |
Brian's Camera Fund :-)